Background

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Hello England!

Well hello there England! Nice to see you too! It has been quite awhile since we were last united.

I am quite glad to say that I have finally arrived in England. It has been a long time coming and it feels good to finally be here. Laura and I are spending today (Tuesday) through Saturday with my aunt. On Saturday we leave from Victoria Coach Station in London to head up on a bus with a bunch of other Capernwray students to finally see our home for the next nine months. Crazy! Only 4 more days until I'm actually there. It's going to be so weird to finally be there after so much waiting. But for now I'm just going to enjoy my time at my aunt's. I think tomorrow we'll go into London and sort of see the sights. Since this is Laura's first time across the pond, she wants to see everything and I am excited to give the highlights a second go around.

Last night we flew through half of the night to get here and got off the plane at 1 am Wisconsin time. That sure was interesting. Since we were pretty jet lagged, my aunt knew not to plan much. We got to her house around 8:15 am London time, so we got settled and had some coffee and chatted until 3 pm. Then we went to afternoon tea at Pennyhill Park Hotel. It was really fun and we sat and chatted and drank tea and ate scones, finger sandwiches, and little sweets. (Or as the brits call them, cakes.)
Our sandwiches and cakes.



The real adventures begin tomorrow, though, so make sure to come back soon and read more! Subscribe via the box on the side bar so you don't miss a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment