Background

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My Roomies (aka My Family)

Well, this isn’t a typical post for me, but my gorgeous roomies want me to post about them, so I will. Because I love them. Every day I get to wake up to the most awesome six girls I have ever had the chance of living with, and every evening I get to come home to our little family of seven (or should I say eight. We adopted one. :) ) They make my life bright. From our dance parties to our Christmas music debacle, from the newly thrifted Christmas tree on our table to Samm’s funny comments when she’s half asleep, from the advice and comfort they give to our prayers together, they truly are the best. I don’t know how I got so lucky to be with these amazing ladies, but God was certainly good to me. I cannot imagine having any other roommates. It is going to be very hard when Christmas break rolls around and we all have to pack up our stuff knowing that when we all return we won’t be with each other any more. I hate that. I want to stay roommates with them forever. Sure our room is super messy and maybe we should get in bed before midnight each night, but we love each other and that’s all I care about. It makes me sad that all you reading this don’t know them, so I’m going to tell you a bit about each one.
Emilie is from Canada. I’d tell you which province, but let’s be honest, they’re all the same in my mind. She is super fun to be around and is always bursting with energy. We both enjoy our dance parties very much and play on the same floor hockey team here. Canada is Almost America (yes, that is our team name) will be entering the playoffs after an amazing victory tonight. We won 4-2 and Em scored twice. That’s my girl!!! She loves to joke around and laugh her adorable laugh that makes me smile. She is absolutely beautiful inside and out.
Sam is also from Canada. She is such a sweetheart. You can just tell that as soon as you start talking she is listening and really cares to hear what you have to say. She loves to have fun and her dance moves are really good. She reminds me of my little sister in that regard. She has such a kind heart and her caring attitude just melts your heart. She sincerely embodies tender-heartedness and I love that so much.
Clare is also from Canada (sensing a theme?). This sounds funny but she is my adorable, little dinosaur. She is just a cutie through and through, from her clothes to the things she says. I really appreciate her willingness to share, and her tolerance for our loudness when she is going to sleep. She has such a gentle heart, and her outlook on life is very happy and excited. Her love for life is refreshing.
Marissa is from the USA. She lives in a town called Linden on the west coast. She has a mother’s heart through and through. She is tender and caring, but is firm when necessary (like at 12:30 in the morning when we still haven’t turned off the lights). She is very comforting and is always there to listen and give advice when asked. Her faith in the Lord is incredible and very apparent by her life and way of living it. 
Maggie is also from the USA, but was born in Egypt. She is crazy at times, but I love her. She is always thinking of us, and when she gets things, she gets them for the room, and not just for herself. She purchased our Christmas tree, and is always doing funny things. She makes me laugh, but she also is so sweet. She comes up to me nearly every day just to give me a hug and tell me she loves me. I am blessed by her. 
Karen is from Canada too. She is the quietest in our room, but her sincerity is loud and clear even when she is silent. She is slow to speak, but quick to love. She is so passionate about many things in her life like drama and music, and it is so refreshing to behold. She has a beautiful smile and this sweet, soft laugh. I am so grateful for her presence in our room.
And Samm is our adopted roommate. She is Sam’s best friend (I know, lots of Sams). She is from Canada as well. She is so strong at heart but at the same time so incredibly caring. It is a truly beautiful combination. I don’t understand how she manages both sometimes, but she does. Every night she says goodnight to us all individually, and her love is apparent. She is there to rub my back and soothe me when I’m down. It is so amazing to be able to have her in our room even if she doesn’t usually sleep there. She is a wonderful addition to our room, and I am so happy we get to love her on a daily basis.
Those are my roommates in a nutshell. We are crazy. We are loud. We are messy. We are silly. But we are sisters, and I thank God for them each and every day. I love you ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment